Back to Characteranimation
After a lot of compositing and greenscreenwork, I worked on a good oldfashioned 3D animation project. I was asked to create a mascotte for OBOMD, a dutch schoolorganisation. So I went back to the drawingdesk, and brainstormed all kinds of fluffy monsters.
I had about two weeks to complete 3 short bumpers. I did all the 3D modeling in Luxology’s modo 601. As concepts for the animations came in, the list of objects I had to model slowly grew.
The character animation was done by Carin Huurnink. All conceptdesign, modelling, texturing, fur, lighting and compositing was done by me.
The fur proved to be a challenge to get done in time, but after the first animation I settled on a faster and more predictable workflow. Having to push out these animations in a really short time learned me a great bunch of fur tricks.
I look forward do to some more characterwork like this.